Excursion to Grahovo
An adventurous day on the plain of Grahovo, witness of a turbulent past On this excursion you will experience the turbulent past up close, from the turkish empire till the second world war, when the partisans of Grahovo fought against the enemy troops. Beside the moving history we will also spoil your taste buds. A local househould will prepare you a typical lunch from the region in a 200 years old family house. All ingredients are from organic cultivation. You will taste different types of wine and brandy. Your host knows a lot about the history of Grahovo and he will tell you stories about the former times. Beside the old stories and the local food you will enjoy the scenic drive from the seaside up to the mountains in changing landscapes and back on the old road to the Boca Bay with breathtaking views. We will enter a hidden cave and who likes can have a swim in a little lake surrounded by mountains.
- 1) Scenic drive by car ferry to Kamenari, along the Boka Bay and up to the plain of Grahovo (714m) with breaks at view points to overlook the Boka bay.
- 2) Visit of the memorial park on the Umac hill, a monument to the honor of fallen partisans from the Second World War.
- 3) Drive and short walk to a lake, surrounded by mountains and forests. We can have a swim in the clear water.
- 4) Visit of a typical farm in Grahovo. We will learn how they keep the bees. A hidden cave and ruins of houses tells us about the history of Grahovo.
- 5) Lunch in a family househould, with organic food and excellent wines and brandies.
- 6) Drive back on the old road to the Boka bay with breathtaking views.
Domacinstvo: Aperitif (brandy, liqueur)
Appetizer: Specialties of the house, cheese, ham
Main course: meat, trout, vegetarian or combined, salad
Dessert: Homemade cake
One drink is free of charge: Wine, beer or juice
Price for drinks: Red wine 0,7l 10,-€, beer 1,50€, juice 1,-€, brandy 2,-€
Bottles of water in the bus available free of charge.
8:30 Start from Budva, scenic drive to Grahovo by bus and ferry.
10:30 Visit of the memorial park from the second world war on the Umac hill.
11:15 Drive and short walk to the Grahovo Lake with the possibility to swim.
13:00 Lunch in a local household in a 200 years old farm house.
14:30 Visit of a cave from the partisans and a farm with a beekeeper.
15:30 Drive back to Budva
That’s an approximate schedule, we’re flexible, depends the traffic.
-Air conditioned car
-Driver and guide for the whole excursion
-Degustation, Lunch incl. one alcoholic or non alcoholic drink