Thematic road in Lustica
This tour will show you the old olive and maritime tradition of the peninsula Lustica. You will have short hikes through the wilderness to hidden fortresses of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. You will experience how the people are living and you will enjoy home made products and specialties from kitchen and cellar.
Your guide and your hosts will tell you a lot about tradition, culture and history of this still undiscovered place in Montenegro.
1) Visit of special nature reserve “Solila”.
2) Stop for a view point to overlook the bay.
3) Visit of a 400 years old Olive mill with degustation of olive oil, ham, wine, brandy, bread, all home made. The mill is like a little museum with a lot of artefakte, which are telling stories about centuries.
4) Short hike to a hidden Austro-Hungarian Fortress overviewing the entrance of the Boka Bay and the peninsula Prevlaka on the Croatian side.
5) Visit and lunch in a family house with view to the sea and the Arza Fortress. The family has donkeys, goats and ponies, what is especially for
families suitable. They can serve for lunch vegetables, everything from own, organic cultivation, fish and meat prepared in traditional way. Juices, wine, liquors all home made.
6) After lunch short hike on an old trade path to the Zanjice Bay.
-Air conditioned car
-Driver and guide for the whole excursion
-Degustation, Lunch incl. one alcoholic or non alcoholic drink
Degustiation and lunch
Olive mill: Cheese, ham, bread, olive oil, wine, brandy or juice.
Household: Aperitif (brandy, liqueur)
Appetizer: Specialties of the house
Main course: meat, fish, vegetarian or combined, salad
Dessert: Homemade cake, coffee
One drink is free of charge: Wine, beer or juice
Price for drinks: Red wine 0,7l 10,-€, beer 1,50€, juice 1,-€, brandy 2,-€
Bottles of water in the car available free of charge.
9:30 Start Hotel Avala
10:00 Visit of the nature reserve”Solila” (30min)
11:00 Visit and degustation of the olive mill (1h)
12:00 Hike to the fortress (1h 30min)
13:30 Lunch in a local household (2h)
15:30 Hike to the beach (30min)
16:30 Back to the Hotel
That’s an approximate schedule, we’re flexible. The guests set the pace.
Number of Participants: 2-6, 1 Person on request
Discount for children on request
Order and Cancellation
The excursion should be booked 2 days in advance.
Order from one day to another is possible, but cannot be guaranteed.